Malabon Zoo: A glimpse and a review

Have you been to Malabon Zoo? This used to be famous when I was still a kid (which was like a couple of years ago already. LOL). We decided to pay it a visit two weeks ago when we happened to be in the area.

Entrance fee is P120 and I was really surprised because I know that it is just a small zoo so I find it expensive. Some sections of the zoo are:


1. Batangas Tropical Rain Forest where you can see parrots, heron, Cassowary, Tarictics, Rabbits and Crocodiles.
2. Tiger Island where there is one tiger enclosed by glass cage.
3. Mindoro’s Tropical Rain Forest where you can see monkeys, Iguanas, eagles, owls, Civet cat, Kalaw and turtles.
4. There is also a section where you can see tigers, lion, grizzly bear, Himalayan black bear and snake.

If you go in a group, they even offer shows and you can even buy feeds that you can feed to the animals.

Honestly, I was disappointed with the place. We were only inside the zoo for like 30 minutes because H and I don’t feel safe while inside the zoo. We both feel that the cages are not sturdy enough to stop the tigers or the lions if they want to attack. Although, the staffs say they are safe and I really haven’t heard of any accidents in Malabon Zoo. The aquarium also needs cleaning as the water is dark and murky that I can’t see the fishes swimming inside the big aquarium.

But I guess I have to consider also that it is a privately run zoo which means that they might have limited funds in maintaining the place. At least, if you go to Malabon Zoo, you will be able to see real animals unlike in Manila Zoo where all we saw are monkeys and empty cages. LOL.

1 Response to "Malabon Zoo: A glimpse and a review"

  1. spinninglovelydays Says:

    Ooh, that's sad. I've never been there, but I've seen shows that featured it back when it was pretty new. It held such great promise too, compared to the older Manila Zoo. I remember field trips to the Manila Zoo when I was a kid and feeling depressed by the way things were run. I don't know if things are any better now. Of late, I was able to visit Ark of Avilon, Paradizoo, and Manila Ocean Park. The old zoos/aquariums need to be renovated to be able to compete with these newer places.

Post a Comment